Sunday, May 27, 2012

Day 62 - Segway Tours of Tel Aviv

Okay, so it's a beautiful Sunday afternoon in Tel Aviv and you are looking for something "different" to do.  That is exactly the idea behind taking a Segway tour. of the city.  What fun! 

For just $55 dollars, you can hop aboard a Segway and take a unique kind of "stroll" along the beach promenade or explore the city of Tel Aviv as an "open-air experience".  This has to be the ultimate walk-about for lazy folks like me.

I really can't think of a funner thing to do on a sunny afternoon. I have been wanting to ride a segway for several years now, but it's just never been at the right place and time to do so.  So I would love to do this when my travels take me through Tel Aviv.

The Segway Tours website is kind of vague, so I am not sure how long $55 would take me.  Even if that would just buy me a 30 minute ride along the beach, I think I'd be a happy camper.  Vroom.  Vroom.  I hope there are English instructions!  I did read that they offer a 15 minute training session before letting you loose... so I think I could do this.  Afterall, last summer I drove a manual transmission car (on the wrong side of the road) in England/Scotland - so after that - I feel like I can do anything!