Thursday, May 24, 2012

Day 59 - Spirtual Journey & Tour

While doing my research on interesting things to do and see in Israel, I often come across companies that offer custom tours.  However, out of all the ones I've seen, this sounds the most interesting by far.

The "Inward Bound Israel Experience" offers a holistic Jewish experience that promises to be totally unique.  On this tour, participants walk the land and learn about the spiritual wisdom of the Torah.  A unique blend of a physical and spiritual journey.

Here is a description from their website:

Walk in the footsteps of King David, feel the fire of the great kabbalists of Sfat, dance in a two  thousand year old synagogue, visit the tomb of our patriarchs in Hebron, rest your head on the Holy Western Wall, and meet the most important person in your life -You.

I really love the idea of dancing in a 2000 year old synagogue.  That sounds totally awesome.  Before I head over to Israel, I think I will check out their website to see if they have any short tours or retreats planned.  Their "spiritual journey and tour" sounds like a great way to "reJEWvenate".

If anything, coming across this website made me realize that there are many elements to this journey.  While it is fun to focus on all the sites and scenes I am going to visit, I am reminded that there is a spiritual side to my journey as well.  One thing that many people have shared with me about their "Israel Experience" is that they actually felt a shift in who they were and came back feeling different.  The land, the people, the history, all touched them in ways they could not have imagined. 

So, I am reminded that when I go to Israel I need to do more than just run from each attraction - like you do at Disneyland.  Instead, I need to make sure that I stop and breathe it all in.  That I take the time to journal my experiences, watch some sunsets, and be flexible with my plans.  After all, it's now always about the destination - what matters most is the journey.