Thursday, March 29, 2012

Day 3 - Eat, Pray, and Scarves!


For some reason I woke up this morning and began thinking about the movie "Eat, Pray, and Love".  Which, although it wasn't as good as the book (are they ever?) it was still a good movie.  Most likely, because Julia Roberts was the star (I just love her movies) and I just loved the male lead that she falls in love.  I first saw him in "Love in the Time of Choleria" and just thought he was such an intense actor.

Anyway, I digress.  So as I was thinking about "Eat, Pray, & Love", I couldn't help but think about how many scenes had Julia Roberts wearing a trendy scarf.  Which led to think that if I am going to be in Israel for 100 days... I am going to need a lot more scarves!  Of course, this led me to think about how much (or more aptly "how little") luggage I am going to need to take on my trip.  But for some reason, I seem to recall Julia Roberts only travelling with a light backpack.  How did she do it?

Of course, it's probably easy to do anything when you are character in a movie, as opposed to a real person.  But it did get me to thinking that how to pack for a trip like is something I need to research thoroughly.  I would think that there are lots of travel books and/or travel websites that provide tips on how to travel minimally.  So with that... I am thinking I might have to dedicate a page on my blog for all of the to-dos that I need to start working on.

In the meantime, it's time to comb through my closet and take an inventory on how many scarves I own.