Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Day 686: Tzfat Gallery of Mystical Art

The Tzfat Gallery of Mystical Art. Okay, who could pass up on visiting a place with such a cool name? Certainly not me. Anyplace that combines art, mysticism, and Judaism, is my kind of place! So visiting this gallery in Safed is definitely going to be on my Israel "must see" list.  

The Tzfat Gallery of Mystical Art is located in the Old City of Tzfat, in the Mayan Haradum Square in the center of the Artist Quarter. The gallery is run by artist Avraham Lowenthal. Born and raised in the United States, this Israeli artist blends the study of  Jewish spirituality with his passion for painting. In addition to running his gallery/art studio, Avraham also offers an "Introduction to Kabbalah" class to travelers. This free presentation focuses on how the mystical teachings of the Kabbalah have inspired Avraham's art. Groups are encouraged to set up tours in advance.

Gallery Phone:  04-692-3051
avraham@kabbalahart.com

Returning Light Meditation

In the video below, Avraham discusses how this painting "Returning Light Meditation" is aligned with the teachings of unconditional love, as outlined in the Kabbalah.

P.S. I just love the sound of the birds in this video! Once I heard their sweet chirping, it made me want to visit even more. I think that if I could be in a place where I heard such lovely sounds, I too would be inspired to pick up a palette and start painting!